How to play the slots? Slots today are the most popular casino games. Providers produce a vast number of bright and diverse machines. Slots are popular due to the fact they satisfy the psychological needs of the gambler – adrenaline, relaxation and expectation of reward.
How to play slots in a casino: different types of slots
How to play casino slot games? Slots are created using the same algorithm. The basis of the work is the generator of random numbers. Therefore, the strategy of the game on slots refers to the competent management of the bankroll, rather than the actual spinning of the reels. The player needs to make the right bets to not to lose too much and to recoup the costs with a big win.
How to play slots in a casino? Let’s learn the basic terms to choose the right strategy.
In the description of slots, you can see RTP – Return to Player. It is the value of how much the machine returns in the winnings to the players. If five people have invested 100 dollars, the slot with RTP 98.5% will return 5 x 100 x 98.5% = 492.5 dollars. But it is not known how the returned dollars will be distributed among five players. So answering the question, how to play the slots, do not pay much attention to RTP.
Hit frequency is much more enjoyable. It is a parameter that determines how often the slot gives a winning combination. The higher this percentage, the more often the player can win. Modern slots (Netent, Quickspin) most often with a relatively high rate of winning combinations.
Volatility and strategies of how to play slots in a casino
The volatility is associated with Hit frequency:
- Low volatility – high Hit frequency, but with small amounts (NetEnt);
- High Volatility – low Hit frequency, but with large sums (Novomatic, jackpot slots).
Classic three-reel slots usually have high volatility, so they remain popular despite their simplicity.
How to play casino slot games with high or low volatility? When choosing a slot, you should know its volatility. In case of high volatility, you need to be ready for a long series of losses and adequately distribute the money to the bankroll. These slots are suitable if you have a lot of time, patience and a lot of money on your hands.
How to play slots in a casino, if the time is not so much and you want to spend it pleasantly? Then it is better to choose low-volatile slots. They have colourful graphics, free spins, story bonuses. The advantages of such machines:
- You can play with a small bankroll;
- Suitable for casual players who want to relax, not earn money;
- For little money, you can get more fun and winnings.
It’s not that easy to choose the best slot manufacturers, because each player has his preferences. Usually, companies specialize in one type of slots:
- High-volatile machines are more often found in Novomatic, IGT, EGT, Big Time Gaming;
- Low-volatile – at NetEnt, NextGen, Microgaming, Play’n GO.
Certainly, NetEnt has high-volatile slots too – for example, well-known Dead or Alive. But in most cases, brands prefer to occupy their niche.
- Betsoft Gaming is distinguished by 3D slots with stunning graphics and bonuses.
- Microgaming – a lot of innovative slots, as well as machines with the most massive jackpots in history.
- NetEnt – bright slots with excellent graphics and interesting “wild” symbols.
You can also pay attention to the new titles that are winning the market with exciting and complex slot machines.
- Yggdrasil – beautiful games on unusual topics and with unusual multipliers of winnings. Alchymedes, Baron Samedy, Holmes and the Stolen Stones.
- Rabcat – the longer you play, the more you win. A vivid example is the fascinating Castle Builder.
- Thunderkick – bright games, sometimes completely different from the slots. Esqueleto Explosivo, Well of Wonders, Luchadora, Fruit Warp. Tere are descriptions in the game, how to play the slots.
Jackpot lovers should take a closer look at slot machines from Microgaming and NetEnt. These companies compete with each other for the title of “slot with the largest jackpot”. For example:
- Mega Moolah (Microgaming);
- Mega Moolah ISIS (Microgaming);
- Hall of Gods (NetEnt);
- Mega Fortune (NetEnt).
Jackpots on linked machines in 1 or more casinos offer big winnings – such as the Jackpot Party Progressive Deluxe from WMS Gaming.
Multi-tiered jackpots offer players several payout levels. The most popular format is the 4 Mini, Minor, Major and Grand jackpots. Slots with similar jackpots are produced by EGT company – they can be recognized by counters with card suits.
How to play casino slot games with a jackpot is described in the rules. Sometimes it is enough just to bet and spin the reels, and sometimes you need an additional side bet.